- The event of coming into sight
- The act of appearing in public view; "the rookie made a brief appearance in the first period"; "it was Bernhardt's last appearance in America"
- Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show"
- Formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action
- Outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
- A mental representation; "I tried to describe his appearance to the police"