Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: ????L???
- (a.) Loosed from any limitation or condition; uncontrolled; unrestricted; unconditional; as, absolute authority, monarchy, sovereignty, an absolute promise or command; absolute power; an absolute monarch.
- (a.) Complete in itself; perfect; consummate; faultless; as, absolute perfection; absolute beauty.
- (a.) Viewed apart from modifying influences or without comparison with other objects; actual; real; -- opposed to relative and comparative; as, absolute motion; absolute time or space.
- (a.) Loosed from, or unconnected by, dependence on any other being; self-existent; self-sufficing.
- (a.) Capable of being thought or conceived by itself alone; unconditioned; non-relative.
- (a.) Positive; clear; certain; not doubtful.
- (a.) Authoritative; peremptory.
- (a.) Pure; unmixed; as, absolute alcohol.
- (a.) Not immediately dependent on the other parts of the sentence in government; as, the case absolute. See Ablative absolute, under Ablative.
- (n.) In a plane, the two imaginary circular points at infinity; in space of three dimensions, the imaginary circle at infinity.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Absolve
- (n.) One who absolves.
- Let off the hook; "I absolve you from this responsibility"
- Grant remission of a sin to; "The priest absolved him and told him to say ten Hail Mary's"
- (a.) Same as Acaulescent.
- (a.) Alt. of Acaulous
- (a.) Same as Acaulescent.
- (n.) A ceremony formerly used in conferring knighthood, consisting am embrace, and a slight blow on the shoulders with the flat blade of a sword.
- (n.) A brace used to join two or more staves.
- A mythical Greek hero of the Iliad; a foremost Greek warrior at the siege of Troy; when he was a baby his mother tried to make him immortal by bathing him in a magical river but the heel by which she held him remained vulnerable--his `Achilles' heel'
- (a.) Without a lip.
- (a.) Lacking bile.
- (a.) Without chyle.
- (n.) A limpid, colorless, highly volatile liquid, obtained by the dehydration of glycerin, or the destructive distillation of neutral fats containing glycerin. Its vapors are intensely irritating.
- (n.) A statue whose extremities are of stone, the trunk being generally of wood.
- A synthetic fabric
- Used especially by artists
- A glassy thermoplastic; can be cast and molded or used in coatings and adhesives
- Polymerized from acrylonitrile
- (n.) An ulcer or fistula in the inner corner of the eye.
- (n.) The great wild-oat grass or other cornfield weed.
- (n.) A genus of plants, called also hardgrass.
- (n.) A stone, or metallic mass, which has fallen to the earth from distant space; a meteorite; a meteoric stone.
- (n.) Same as A/rolite.
- (n.) That department of physics which treats of the atmosphere.
- (n.) Alt. of Agallochum
- Science of soils in relation to crops
- An aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets; "the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
LOAD MORE RESULTS