Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ????N???E
- (n.) Help or support; an auxiliary.
- (n.) Corroborative or explanatory proof.
- (a.) Tending to advance.
- (n.) Any condition, circumstance, opportunity, or means, particularly favorable to success, or to any desired end; benefit; as, the enemy had the advantage of a more elevated position.
- (n.) Superiority; mastery; -- with of or over.
- (n.) Superiority of state, or that which gives it; benefit; gain; profit; as, the advantage of a good constitution.
- (n.) Interest of money; increase; overplus (as the thirteenth in the baker's dozen).
- (v. t.) To give an advantage to; to further; to promote; to benefit; to profit.
- (a.) Accidental.
- (a.) Adventitious.
- (n.) A thing or person coming from without; an immigrant.
- (n.) That which happens without design; chance; hazard; hap; hence, chance of danger or loss.
- (n.) Risk; danger; peril.
- (n.) The encountering of risks; hazardous and striking enterprise; a bold undertaking, in which hazards are to be encountered, and the issue is staked upon unforeseen events; a daring feat.
- (n.) A remarkable occurrence; a striking event; a stirring incident; as, the adventures of one's life.
- (n.) A mercantile or speculative enterprise of hazard; a venture; a shipment by a merchant on his own account.
- (n.) To risk, or hazard; jeopard; to venture.
- (n.) To venture upon; to run the risk of; to dare.
- (v. i.) To try the chance; to take the risk.
- air engine
- An engine driven by heated or by compressed air.
- (a.) Capable of being alienated, sold, or transferred to another; as, land is alienable according to the laws of the state.
- (v. t.) To align.
- (n.) The common red variety of garnet.
- A deep red garnet consisting of iron aluminum silicate
- (n.) See Almandine
- Treat with ammonia
- (v. t.) To frustrate; to bring to naught; to annihilate.
- (n.) A small antenna; -- applied to the smaller pair of antennae or feelers of Crustacea.
- A protein that combines with a coenzyme to form an active enzyme
- (n.) Something appended to, or accompanying, a principal or greater thing, though not necessary to it, as a portico to a house.
- (n.) A subordinate or subsidiary part or organ; an external organ or limb, esp. of the articulates.
- (a.) Silvery white.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or resembling, silver; made of, or sounding like, silver; silvery.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Argentine Republic in South America.
- (n.) A siliceous variety of calcite, or carbonate of lime, having a silvery-white, pearly luster, and a waving or curved lamellar structure.
- (n.) White metal coated with silver.
- (n.) A fish of Europe (Maurolicus Pennantii) with silvery scales. The name is also applied to various fishes of the genus Argentina.
- (n.) A citizen of the Argentine Republic.
- (n.) Sulphide of silver; -- also called vitreous silver, or silver glance. It has a metallic luster, a lead-gray color, and is sectile like lead.
- (n.) See Arsenate.
- (a.) Rising; tending to rise, or causing to rise.
- (a.) Augmentative; intensive.
- (a.) Giving assent; of the nature of assent; complying.
- (n.) Resemblance of sound.
- (n.) A peculiar species of rhyme, in which the last acce`ted vow`l and tnose whioh follow it in one word correspond in sound with the vowels of another word, while the consonants of the two words are unlike in sound; as, calamo and platano, baby and chary.
- (n.) Incomplete correspondence.
LOAD MORE RESULTS