Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: ???AD
- (p. a.) Put in dread; afraid.
- (adv.) In or to the front; in advance; onward.
- (adv.) Headlong; without restraint.
- City founded by Sargon the Great of Mesopotamia.
- (v. t.) Alt. of Areed
- (n.) Alt. of Bayatte
- (v. t.) To make mad.
- (a.) To spread.
- (n.) An article of food made from flour or meal by moistening, kneading, and baking.
- (n.) Food; sustenance; support of life, in general.
- (v. t.) To cover with bread crumbs, preparatory to cooking; as, breaded cutlets.
- (n.) The broad part of anything; as, the broad of an oar.
- (n.) The spread of a river into a sheet of water; a flooded fen.
- (n.) A lathe tool for turning down the insides and bottoms of cylinders.
- (superl.) Wide; extend in breadth, or from side to side; -- opposed to narrow; as, a broad street, a broad table; an inch broad.
- (superl.) Extending far and wide; extensive; vast; as, the broad expanse of ocean.
- (superl.) Extended, in the sense of diffused; open; clear; full.
- (superl.) Fig.: Having a large measure of any thing or quality; not limited; not restrained; -- applied to any subject, and retaining the literal idea more or less clearly, the precise meaning depending largely on the substantive.
- (superl.) Comprehensive; liberal; enlarged.
- (superl.) Plain; evident; as, a broad hint.
- (superl.) Free; unrestrained; unconfined.
- (superl.) Characterized by breadth. See Breadth.
- (superl.) Cross; coarse; indelicate; as, a broad compliment; a broad joke; broad humor.
- (superl.) Strongly marked; as, a broad Scotch accent.
- (n.) Any plant of the natural order Cycadaceae, as the sago palm, etc.
- (n.) A decade.
- (a.) Exciting great fear or apprehension; causing terror; frightful; dreadful.
- (a.) Inspiring with reverential fear; awful' venerable; as, dread sovereign; dread majesty; dread tribunal.
- (n.) Great fear in view of impending evil; fearful apprehension of danger; anticipatory terror.
- (n.) Reverential or respectful fear; awe.
- (n.) An object of terrified apprehension.
- (n.) A person highly revered.
- (n.) Fury; dreadfulness.
- (n.) Doubt; as, out of dread.
- (v. i.) To be in dread, or great fear.
- (v. t.) To fear in a great degree; to regard, or look forward to, with terrific apprehension.
- (n.) A wood nymph; a nymph whose life was bound up with that of her tree.
- (adv.) Toward the outside or surface; -- opposed to entad.
- (adv.) Toward the inside or central part; away from the surface; -- opposed to ectad.
- (n.) The standard unit of electrical capacity; the capacity of a condenser whose charge, having an electro-motive force of one volt, is equal to the amount of electricity which, with the same electromotive force, passes through one ohm in one second; the capacity, which, charged with one coulomb, gives an electro-motive force of one volt.
- (n.) A live coal. See Gleed.
- (n.) One of the masses of generative tissue primitively alike in both sexes, but giving rise to either an ovary or a testis; a generative gland; a germ gland.
- (n.) An atom whose valence is six, and which can be theoretically combined with, substituted for, or replaced by, six monad atoms or radicals; as, sulphur is a hexad in sulphuric acid. Also used as an adjective.
- A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy
- A holy struggle or striving by a Muslim for a moral or spiritual or political goal
- A holy war waged by Muslims against infidels
- (v. t.) To work and press into a mass, usually with the hands; esp., to work, as by repeated pressure with the knuckles, into a well mixed mass, as the materials of bread, cake, etc.; as, to knead dough.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To treat or form as by kneading; to beat.
LOAD MORE RESULTS