Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ???O?HONE
- (linguistics) any of various acoustically different forms of the same phoneme
- (n.) A letter or character which expresses a like sound with another.
- (n.) A word having the same sound as another, but differing from it in meaning and usually in spelling; as, all and awl; bare and bear; rite, write, right, and wright.
- Percussion instrument using naturally sonorous materials, such as hollow tubes, metal plates etc (e.g. xylophone, cymbal, triangle etc)
- (n.) A musical instrument in which the tones are produced by flames of hydrogen, or illuminating gas, burning in tubes of different sizes and lengths.
- (n.) A wind instrument of brass, containing a reed, and partaking of the qualities both of a brass instrument and of a clarinet.
- (n.) An instrument common among the Russians, Poles, and Tartars, consisting of a series of strips of wood or glass graduated in length to the musical scale, resting on belts of straw, and struck with two small hammers. Called in Germany strohfiedel, or straw fiddle.
- (n.) An instrument to determine the vibrative properties of different kinds of wood.