Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ??A?R?
- A previous part of Nigeria
- The position of professor; "he was awarded an endowed chair in economics"
- A seat for one person, with a support for the back; "he put his coat over the back of the chair and sat down"
- A particular seat in an orchestra; "he is second chair violin"
- An instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person; "the murderer was sentenced to die in the chair"
- The officer who presides at the meetings of an organization;
- Part of a railway fastening system. The chair secures the track to the sleeper.
- Preside over; "John moderated the discussion"
- Act or preside as chair, as of an academic department in a university; "She chaired the department for many years"
- (n.) See Charge, n., 17.
- (a.) Pertaining to charcoal, or partaking of its qualities.
- A small inclosed pond used for gathering and greening oysters.
- (n.) Wine with a mixture of honey and species.
- (n.) A kind of French hackney coach.
- Distinctive and stylish elegance; "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
- A natural talent; "he has a genius for interior decorating"
- A shape that spreads outward; "the skirt had a wide flare"
- (n.) Any wheeled cart or carriage.
- (n.) See Glair.
- (a.) Like glair, or partaking of its qualities; covered with glair; viscous and transparent; slimy.
- (a.) Knotty; gnarled.
- (a.) Destitue of, or having little, flesh; lean.
- (a.) Destitute of richness, fertility, strength, or the like; defective in quantity, or poor in quality; poor; barren; scanty in ideas; wanting strength of diction or affluence of imagery.
- (a.) Dry and harsh to the touch, as chalk.
- (n.) A large European sciaenoid fish (Sciaena umbra or S. aquila), having white bloodless flesh. It is valued as a food fish.
- (v. t.) To make lean.
- (n.) Gout in the shoulder.
- (pl.) of Onager
- (n.) The plinth, or lowest member, of any pedestal, podium, water table, or the like.
- (n.) A fillet, or listel.
- (v. imperative.) Inquire; question; see; -- used to signify doubt or to suggest investigation.
- (a.) Quadrate; square.
- (n.) Same as 1st Quarrel.
- (n.) A part of the entrails of the beast taken, given to the hounds.
- (n.) A heap of game killed.
- (n.) The object of the chase; the animal hunted for; game; especially, the game hunted with hawks.
- (n.) A place, cavern, or pit where stone is taken from the rock or ledge, or dug from the earth, for building or other purposes; a stone pit. See 5th Mine (a).
- (v. i.) To secure prey; to prey, as a vulture or harpy.
- (v. t.) To dig or take from a quarry; as, to quarry marble.
- (n.) A card, die. or domino, having four spots, or pips
- (a.) Bearing scars or marks of wounds.
- (a.) Like a scar, or rocky eminence; containing scars.
- (n.) A globefish.
- (a.) Resembling spar, or consisting of spar; abounding with spar; having a confused crystalline structure; spathose.
- Support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway; "he paused on the bottom step"
- A flight of stairs or a flight of steps
- (a.) Abounding with stars; adorned with stars.
- (a.) Consisting of, or proceeding from, the stars; stellar; stellary; as, starry light; starry flame.
- (a.) Shining like stars; sparkling; as, starry eyes.
- (a.) Arranged in rays like those of a star; stellate.
LOAD MORE RESULTS