Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: ??ATH
- (v. t.) To bathe; also, to dry or heat, as unseasoned wood.
- (v. i.) The cessation of all vital phenomena without capability of resuscitation, either in animals or plants.
- (v. i.) Total privation or loss; extinction; cessation; as, the death of memory.
- (v. i.) Manner of dying; act or state of passing from life.
- (v. i.) Cause of loss of life.
- (v. i.) Personified: The destroyer of life, -- conventionally represented as a skeleton with a scythe.
- (v. i.) Danger of death.
- (v. i.) Murder; murderous character.
- (v. i.) Loss of spiritual life.
- (v. i.) Anything so dreadful as to be like death.
- (n.) A low shrub (Erica, / Calluna, vulgaris), with minute evergreen leaves, and handsome clusters of pink flowers. It is used in Great Britain for brooms, thatch, beds for the poor, and for heating ovens. It is also called heather, and ling.
- (n.) Also, any species of the genus Erica, of which several are European, and many more are South African, some of great beauty. See Illust. of Heather.
- (n.) A place overgrown with heath; any cheerless tract of country overgrown with shrubs or coarse herbage.
- (a.) Hateful; odious; disliked.
- (a.) Filled with disgust or aversion; averse; unwilling; reluctant; as, loath to part.
- (n.) Alt. of Meathe
- (prep. & adv.) An abbreviation of Beneath.
- United States writer and poet (1932-1963)
- (v.) Harm; damage; injury; hurt; waste; misfortune.
- (v. t.) To do harm to; to injure; to damage; to waste; to destroy.
- (v. t.) A line of grass or grain cut and thrown together by the scythe in mowing or cradling.
- (v. t.) The whole sweep of a scythe, or the whole breadth from which grass or grain is cut by a scythe or a machine, in mowing or cradling; as, to cut a wide swath.
- (v. t.) A band or fillet; a swathe.
- (a.) Violent anger; vehement exasperation; indignation; rage; fury; ire.
- (a.) The effects of anger or indignation; the just punishment of an offense or a crime.
- (a.) See Wroth.
- (v. t.) To anger; to enrage; -- also used impersonally.