Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ??DE?L?
- Small black beetle
- (a.) Somewhat old; advanced beyond middle age; bordering on old age; as, elderly people.
- (adv.) In a faded manner.
- goden ly
- (adv.) In golden terms or a golden manner; splendidly; delightfully.
- A primitive method of determining a person's guilt or innocence by subjecting the accused person to dangerous or painful tests believed to be under divine control; escape was usually taken as a sign of innocence
- A severe or trying experience
- (a.) Conformed to order; in order; regular; as, an orderly course or plan.
- (a.) Observant of order, authority, or rule; hence, obedient; quiet; peaceable; not unruly; as, orderly children; an orderly community.
- (a.) Performed in good or established order; well-regulated.
- (a.) Being on duty; keeping order; conveying orders.
- (adv.) According to due order; regularly; methodically; duly.
- (n.) A noncommissioned officer or soldier who attends a superior officer to carry his orders, or to render other service.
- (n.) A street sweeper.
- (n.) A large cup or deep saucer, containing fatty matter in which a wick is placed, -- used for public illuminations, as at St. Peter's, in Rome. Called also padelle.