Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ??IS
- Black tropical American cuckoo
- (n.) A genus of insects of the order Hymenoptera, including the common honeybee (Apis mellifica) and other related species. See Honeybee.
- (n.) Advice; opinion; deliberation.
- (n.) The spotted deer (Cervus axis or Axis maculata) of India, where it is called hog deer and parrah (Moorish name).
- (n.) A straight line, real or imaginary, passing through a body, on which it revolves, or may be supposed to revolve; a line passing through a body or system around which the parts are symmetrically arranged.
- (n.) A straight line with respect to which the different parts of a magnitude are symmetrically arranged; as, the axis of a cylinder, i. e., the axis of a cone, that is, the straight line joining the vertex and the center of the base; the axis of a circle, any straight line passing through the center.
- (n.) The stem; the central part, or longitudinal support, on which organs or parts are arranged; the central line of any body.
- (n.) The second vertebra of the neck, or vertebra dentata.
- (n.) Also used of the body only of the vertebra, which is prolonged anteriorly within the foramen of the first vertebra or atlas, so as to form the odontoid process or peg which serves as a pivot for the atlas and head to turn upon.
- (n.) One of several imaginary lines, assumed in describing the position of the planes by which a crystal is bounded.
- (n.) The primary or secondary central line of any design.
- The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet
- The circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health
- (n.) The high or principal table, at the end of a hall, at which the chief guests were seated; also, the chief seat at the high table.
- (n.) A platform slightly raised above the floor of a hall or large room, giving distinction to the table and seats placed upon it for the chief guests.
- (n.) A canopy over the seat of a person of dignity.
- (n.) See Dais.
- (Greek mythology) goddess of discord; sister of Ares
- (a.) Gray.
- (a.) A costly kind of fur.
- (n. sing. & pl.) A little pig.
- (n.) Any bird of the genus Ibis and several allied genera, of the family Ibidae, inhabiting both the Old World and the New. Numerous species are known. They are large, wading birds, having a long, curved beak, and feed largely on reptiles.
- (n.) The goddess of the rainbow, and swift-footed messenger of the gods.
- (n.) The rainbow.
- (n.) An appearance resembling the rainbow; a prismatic play of colors.
- (n.) The contractile membrane perforated by the pupil, and forming the colored portion of the eye. See Eye.
- (n.) A genus of plants having showy flowers and bulbous or tuberous roots, of which the flower-de-luce (fleur-de-lis), orris, and other species of flag are examples. See Illust. of Flower-de-luce.
- (n.) See Fleur-de-lis, 2.
- (n.) The principal goddess worshiped by the Egyptians. She was regarded as the mother of Horus, and the sister and wife of Osiris. The Egyptians adored her as the goddess of fecundity, and as the great benefactress of their country, who instructed their ancestors in the art of agriculture.
- (n.) Any coral of the genus Isis, or family Isidae, composed of joints of white, stony coral, alternating with flexible, horny joints. See Gorgoniacea.
- (n.) One of the asteroids.
- (adv.) Indeed; truly. See Ywis.
- (n.) A Malay dagger. See Creese.
- Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes
- (n.) See Naiad.
- A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery; practiced in parts of the West Indies and tropical Americas
- (West Indies) followers of a religious system involving witchcraft and sorcery
- Sash worn on a Japanese kimono
LOAD MORE RESULTS