Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ??L??A?
- (n.) A name popularly given to the officinal valerian, and to some other plants.
- (n.) An oxidation product of uric acid. It is of a pale reddish color, readily soluble in water or alcohol.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a bath.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Belgium.
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Belgium.
- bell jar
- A glass vessel, varying in size, open at the bottom and closed at the top like a bell, and having a knob or handle at the top for lifting it. It is used for a great variety of purposes; as, with the air pump, and for holding gases, also for keeping the dust from articles exposed to view.
- (n.) A man who rings a bell, especially to give notice of anything in the streets. Formerly, also, a night watchman who called the hours.
- A highway that encircles an urban area so that traffic does not have to pass through the center
- Small northern whale that is white when adult
- Valuable source of caviar and isinglass; found in Black and Caspian seas
- (n.) One who uses, or is armed with, a bill or hooked ax.
- Venezuelan statesman who led the revolt of South American colonies against Spanish rule; founded Bolivia in 1825 (1783-1830)
- The basic unit of money in Venezuela; equal to 100 centimos
- Mainly nocturnal North American goatsucker
- (n.) A district on the west coast of Africa.
- (n.) Alt. of Calamary
- (n.) A genus of herbaceous plants (Tribulus) of the order Zygophylleae, having a hard several-celled fruit, armed with stout spines, and resembling the military instrument of the same name. The species grow in warm countries, and are often very annoying to cattle.
- (n.) An instrument with four iron points, so disposed that, any three of them being on the ground, the other projects upward. They are scattered on the ground where an enemy's cavalry are to pass, to impede their progress by endangering the horses' feet.
- (n.) A colorless oily liquid, CCl3.CHO, of a pungent odor and harsh taste, obtained by the action of chlorine upon ordinary or ethyl alcohol.
- (n.) Chloral hydrate.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or of the nature of, colic.
- (n.) The mistress of Samson, who betrayed him (Judges xvi.); hence, a harlot; a temptress.
- (n.) See Dolman.
LOAD MORE RESULTS