Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ??L?C?T
- (n.) A witch; a hag.
- (a.) Not permitted or allowed; prohibited; unlawful; as, illicit trade; illicit intercourse; illicit pleasure.
- (n.) A small European carnivore of the Weasel family (Putorius foetidus). Its scent glands secrete a substance of an exceedingly disagreeable odor. Called also fitchet, foulmart, and European ferret.
- (n.) The zorilla. The name is also applied to other allied species.
- (n.) A mixture of salt, coarse meal, lime, etc., attractive to pigeons.
- (v. t.) To ask from with earnestness; to make petition to; to apply to for obtaining something; as, to solicit person for alms.
- (v. t.) To endeavor to obtain; to seek; to plead for; as, to solicit an office; to solicit a favor.
- (v. t.) To awake or excite to action; to rouse desire in; to summon; to appeal to; to invite.
- (v. t.) To urge the claims of; to plead; to act as solicitor for or with reference to.
- (v. t.) To disturb; to disquiet; -- a Latinism rarely used.
- (a.) Unsound; worthless; irresponsible; unsafe; -- said to have been originally applied to the notes of an insolvent bank in Michigan upon which there was the figure of a panther.
- (a.) Running without control; running along the line without a train; as, a wild-cat locomotive.