Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ??L?Y??
- (imp. & p. p.) of Allay
- (n.) One who, or that which, allays.
- (a.) Furnished with alleys; forming an alley.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Alloy
- Of Belay
- (n.) A monk of the Greek Church; a cenobite, anchoret, or recluse of the rule of St. Basil, especially, one on or near Mt. Athos.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Delay
- (n.) One who delays; one who lingers.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or resembling, the halcyon, which was anciently said to lay her eggs in nests on or near the sea during the calm weather about the winter solstice.
- (a.) Hence: Calm; quiet; peaceful; undisturbed; happy.
- (n.) A kingfisher. By modern ornithologists restricted to a genus including a limited number of species having omnivorous habits, as the sacred kingfisher (Halcyon sancta) of Australia.
- (n.) One who inlays, or whose occupation it is to inlay.
- (n.) See Caloyer.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Malays or their country.
- (n.) The Malay language.
- (a.) Having eyes like an owl's.
- (n.) A species of palm (Borassus flabelliformis) having a straight, black, upright trunk, with palmate leaves. It is found native along the entire northern shores of the Indian Ocean, from the mouth of the Tigris to New Guinea. More than eight hundred uses to which it is put are enumerated by native writers. Its wood is largely used for building purposes; its fruit and roots serve for food, its sap for making toddy, and its leaves for thatching huts.
- Pass along; "Please relay the news to the villagers"
- Control or operate by relay
- (n.) A vell.
- Move out of position; "dislocate joints"; "the artificial hip joint luxated and had to be put back surgically"
- Turn outward; "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- Spread open or apart; "He splayed his huge hands over the table"
- (interj. & n.) The huntsman's cry to incite or urge on his hounds.
- (interj. & n.) A tallyho coach.
- (n.) One of the chief administrative divisions or provinces of the Ottoman Empire; -- formerly called eyalet.
- (a.) Villainous.