Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: ??N?E?S
- (a.) Without awns or beard.
- The person in charge of the bank in a gambling game
- A financier who owns or is an executive in a bank
- Supposedly certain bet
- Long strip of cloth or paper used for decoration or advertising
- Any distinctive flag
- A newspaper headline that runs across the full page
- Light teasing repartee
- Be silly or tease one another; "After we relaxed, we just kidded around"
- A pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter
- Revelry in drinking; a merry drinking party
- A tool for bending; "he used pliers as a bender"
- North American white-flowered avens
- Avens of Virginia having pale or greenish yellow flowers
- Something used to tie or bind
- Holds loose papers or magazines
- A machine that cuts grain and binds it in sheaves
- Something used to bind separate particles together or facilitate adhesion to a surface
- Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband barmy"
- A hat tied under the chin
- Protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine; "there are powerful engines under the hoods of new cars"; "the mechanic removed the cowling in order to repair the plane's engine"
- Dress in a bonnet
- An elasticized rope
- Hit a golf ball into a bunker
- Transfer cargo from a ship to a warehouse
- Fill (a ship's bunker) with coal or oil
- A hazard on a golf course
- A fortification of earth; mostly or entirely below ground
- A large container for storing fuel; "the ship's bunkers were full of coal"
- A batter who bunts
- Make invalid for use; "cancel cheques or tickets"
- Remove or make invisible; "Please delete my name from your list"
- Declare null and void; make ineffective; "Cancel the election results"; "strike down a law"
- Postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
- Make up for; "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
- A notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
- Infect with a canker
- A pernicious and malign influence that is hard to get rid of; "racism is a pestilence at the heart of the nation"; "according to him, I was the canker in their midst"
- Become infected with a canker
- An ulceration (especially of the lips or lining of the mouth)
- A fungal disease of woody plants that causes localized damage to the bark
- A smooth three-beat gait; between a trot and a gallop
- Ride at a canter; "The men cantered away"
- A container for burning incense (especially one that is swung on a chain in a religious ritual)
- A cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process; "in most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere"
- The object upon which interest and attention focuses; "his stories made him the center of the party"
- The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
- The sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering
- Politically moderate persons; centrists
- The middle of a military or naval formation; "they had to reinforce the center"
- A place where some particular activity is concentrated; "they received messages from several centers"
- A point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- An area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forwar
- A fragment of incombustible matter left after a wood or coal or charcoal fire
- Have a conference in order to talk something over; "We conferred about a plan of action"
- Present; "The university conferred a degree on its most famous former student, who never graduated"; "bestow an honor on someone"
- (v. i.) To make confession; to disclose sins or faults, or the state of the conscience.
- (v. i.) To acknowledge; to admit; to concede.
- (v. t.) To make acknowledgment or avowal in a matter pertaining to one's self; to acknowledge, own, or admit, as a crime, a fault, a debt.
- (v. t.) To acknowledge faith in; to profess belief in.
- (v. t.) To admit as true; to assent to; to acknowledge, as after a previous doubt, denial, or concealment.
- (v. t.) To make known or acknowledge, as one's sins to a priest, in order to receive absolution; -- sometimes followed by the reflexive pronoun.
- (v. t.) To hear or receive such confession; -- said of a priest.
- (v. t.) To disclose or reveal, as an effect discloses its cause; to prove; to attest.
- Large dark-colored scaleless marine eel found in temperate and tropical coastal waters; some used for food
- The inedible nutlike seed of the horse chestnut
- Transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
- Transmit a title or property
- Transfer to another; "communicate a disease"
- Make known; pass on, of information; "She conveyed the message to me"
- Serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
- Go or come after and bring or take back; "Get me those books over there, please"; "Could you bring the wine?"; "The dog fetched the hat"
- Take something or somebody with oneself somewhere; "Bring me the box from the other room"; "Take these letters to the boss"; "This brings me to the main point"
LOAD MORE RESULTS