Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: ??N?I?E?T
- (n.) Something used to give relish to food, and to gratify the taste; a pungment and appetizing substance, as pepper or mustard; seasoning.
- (n.) See Confidant.
- (n.) One who confesses his sins and faults.
- (a.) Forbearing to see; designedly inattentive; as, connivent justice.
- (a.) Brought close together; arched inward so that the points meet; converging; in close contact; as, the connivent petals of a flower, wings of an insect, or folds of membrane in the human system, etc.
- (a.) Silent.
- (a.) Serving to restrain or limit; restraining; opposing.
- (a.) Exercising restraint as to the indulgence of desires or passions; temperate; moderate.
- (a.) Abstaining from sexual intercourse; exercising restraint upon the sexual appetite; esp., abstaining from illicit sexual intercourse; chaste.
- (a.) Not interrupted; connected; continuous; as, a continent fever.
- (a.) That which contains anything; a receptacle.
- (a.) One of the grand divisions of land on the globe; the main land; specifically (Phys. Geog.), a large body of land differing from an island, not merely in its size, but in its structure, which is that of a large basin bordered by mountain chains; as, the continent of North America.
- (a.) A thought prompted by passion or feeling; a state of mind in view of some subject; feeling toward or respecting some person or thing; disposition prompting to action or expression.
- (a.) Hence, generally, a decision of the mind formed by deliberation or reasoning; thought; opinion; notion; judgment; as, to express one's sentiments on a subject.
- (a.) A sentence, or passage, considered as the expression of a thought; a maxim; a saying; a toast.
- (a.) Sensibility; feeling; tender susceptibility.