Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: ??R?AT
- French mathematician who founded number theory; contributed (with Pascal) to the theory of probability (1601-1665)
- Of Forget
- Divide (a disk) into marked sectors so that it may store data; "Please format this disk before entering data!"
- Determine the arrangement of (data) for storage and display (in computer science)
- Set (printed matter) into a specific format; "Format this letter so it can be printed out"
- The general appearance of a publication
- The organization of information according to preset specifications (usually for computer processing)
- (adv.) At, or by reason of, this; as, he was offended hereat.
- (n.) A long, slender rope made of hemp or strips of hide, esp. one with a noose; -- used as a lasso for catching cattle, horses, etc., and for picketing a horse so that he can graze without wandering.
- (v. t.) To secure with a lariat fastened to a stake, as a horse or mule for grazing; also, to lasso or catch with a lariat.
- (n.) Market; trade.
- (n.) The expression of an intention to inflict evil or injury on another; the declaration of an evil, loss, or pain to come; menace; threatening; denunciation.
- (n.) To threaten.
- (n.) The part of the neck in front of, or ventral to, the vertebral column.
- (n.) Hence, the passage through it to the stomach and lungs; the pharynx; -- sometimes restricted to the fauces.
- (n.) A contracted portion of a vessel, or of a passage way; as, the throat of a pitcher or vase.
- (n.) The part of a chimney between the gathering, or portion of the funnel which contracts in ascending, and the flue.
- (n.) The upper fore corner of a boom-and-gaff sail, or of a staysail.
- (n.) That end of a gaff which is next the mast.
- (n.) The angle where the arm of an anchor is joined to the shank.
- (n.) The inside of a timber knee.
- (n.) The orifice of a tubular organ; the outer end of the tube of a monopetalous corolla; the faux, or fauces.
- (v. t.) To utter in the throat; to mutter; as, to throat threats.
- (v. t.) To mow, as beans, in a direction against their bending.