Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: ??R?E?T???
- (n.) A threemasted vessel, having the foremast square-rigged, and the others schooner-rigged. [Spelled also barquentine, barkantine, etc.] See Illust. in Append.
- A resistor inserted into a circuit to compensate for changes (as those arising from temperature fluctuations)
- (v. t.) To subject (wood, fabrics, etc.) to a process of saturation in a solution of chloride of zinc, to prevent decay; -- a process invented by Sir William Burnett.
- Work as a carpenter
- A woodworker who makes or repairs wooden objects
- (v. t.) To correct.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Correct
- (n.) The act of correcting, or making that right which was wrong; change for the better; amendment; rectification, as of an erroneous statement.
- (n.) The act of reproving or punishing, or that which is intended to rectify or to cure faults; punishment; discipline; chastisement.
- (n.) That which is substituted in the place of what is wrong; an emendation; as, the corrections on a proof sheet should be set in the margin.
- (n.) Abatement of noxious qualities; the counteraction of what is inconvenient or hurtful in its effects; as, the correction of acidity in the stomach.
- (n.) An allowance made for inaccuracy in an instrument; as, chronometer correction; compass correction.
- (a.) Having the power to correct; tending to rectify; as, corrective penalties.
- (a.) Qualifying; limiting.
- (n.) That which has the power of correcting, altering, or counteracting what is wrong or injurious; as, alkalies are correctives of acids; penalties are correctives of immoral conduct.
- (n.) Limitation; restriction.
- (a.) Containing or making correction; corrective.
- (n.) Chiding; reproof; reproach.
- Perform a leap where both hind legs come off the ground, of a horse
- (a.) Pertaining to or resembling the genus Dermestes.
- (a.) Serious.
- (n.) Same as Confarreation.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ferment
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forfeit
- (n.) The act of forfeiting; the loss of some right, privilege, estate, honor, office, or effects, by an offense, crime, breach of condition, or other act.
- (n.) That which is forfeited; a penalty; a fine or mulct.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forget
- (n.) Clothing; dress.
- Farm machine that gathers a food crop from the fields
- Someone who helps to gather the harvest
- A. & n., from Harvest, v. t.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Harvest
LOAD MORE RESULTS