Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: ??R?O??
- air cock
- A faucet to allow escape of air.
- A device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
- air hole
- A hole to admit or discharge air; specifically, a spot in the ice not frozen over.
- A fault in a casting, produced by a bubble of air; a blowhole.
- A chamber that provides access to space where air is under pressure
- An airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
- a priori
- Characterizing that kind of reasoning which deduces consequences from definitions formed, or principles assumed, or which infers effects from causes previously known; deductive or deductively. The reverse of a posteriori.
- Applied to knowledge and conceptions assumed, or presupposed, as prior to experience, in order to make experience rational or possible.
- (n.) Alt. of Aureole
- (n.) A celestial crown or accidental glory added to the bliss of heaven, as a reward to those (as virgins, martyrs, preachers, etc.) who have overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil.
- (n.) The circle of rays, or halo of light, with which painters surround the figure and represent the glory of Christ, saints, and others held in special reverence.
- (n.) A halo, actual or figurative.
- (n.) See Areola, 2.
- (n.) A court held in Derbyshire, in England, for deciding controversies between miners.
- (n.) A post sunk in the ground to receive the bars closing a passage into a field.
- (n.) A room containing a bar or counter at which liquors are sold.
- A cart for carrying small loads; has handles and one or more wheels
- (archeology) a heap of earth placed over prehistoric tombs
- The quantity that a barrow will hold
- (n.) A red wood of a leguminous tree (Baphia nitida), from Angola and the Gaboon in Africa. It is used as a dyewood, and also for ramrods, violin bows and turner's work.
- Any of the elementary particles having a mass equal to or greater than that of a proton and that participate in strong interactions; a hadron with a baryon number of +1
- Get temporarily; "May I borrow your lawn mower?"
- Take up and practice as one's own
- Tall fast-moving dog breed
- (n.) A birdbolt.
- Elongate freshwater cod of northern Europe and Asia and North America having barbels around its mouth
- (n.) A genus of coarse biennial herbs (Lappa), bearing small burs which adhere tenaciously to clothes, or to the fur or wool of animals.
- Thick spicy stew of whatever meat and whatever vegetables are available; southern United States
- A gathering at which burgoo stew is served
- Porridge made of rolled oats
- (n.) A cloaklike garment and hood woven in one piece, worn by Arabs.
- (n.) A combination cloak and hood worn by women.
LOAD MORE RESULTS