Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: ??RO
- A rounded thickly curled hairdo
- A pen that has a small metal ball as the point of transfer of ink to paper
- (n.) A large and valuable fish of the Mackerel family, of the genus Scomberomorus. Two species are found in the West Indies and less commonly on the Atlantic coast of the United States, -- the common cero (Scomberomorus caballa), called also kingfish, and spotted, or king, cero (S. regalis).
- A river in northeastern Spain; flows into the Mediterranean
- The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999); in 2002 twelve European nations (Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Austria, Finland) adopted the euro as their basic unit of money and abandoned their traditional currencies
- An "eastern wallaroo" one of the four sub species of the wallaroo which in turn is a species of the kangaroo.
- (n.) A gambling game at cardds, in whiich all the other players play against the dealer or banker, staking their money upon the order in which the cards will lie and be dealt from the pack.
- A British financial system in which a bank or a post office transfers money from one account to another when they receive authorization to do so
- A check given by the British government to someone who is unemployed; it can be cashed either at a bank or at the post office
- Rotating mechanism in the form of a universally mounted spinning wheel that offers resistance to turns in any direction
- A Greek sandwich: sliced roast lamb with onion and tomato stuffed into pita bread
- (n.) An illustrious man, supposed to be exalted, after death, to a place among the gods; a demigod, as Hercules.
- (n.) A man of distinguished valor or enterprise in danger, or fortitude in suffering; a prominent or central personage in any remarkable action or event; hence, a great or illustrious person.
- (n.) The principal personage in a poem, story, and the like, or the person who has the principal share in the transactions related; as Achilles in the Iliad, Ulysses in the Odyssey, and Aeneas in the Aeneid.
- Spanish surrealist painter (1893-1983)
- New Zealand conifer used for lumber; the dark wood is used for interior carpentry
- (n.) A small abscess or tumor having a resemblance to a mulberry.
- (n.) A Roman emperor notorius for debauchery and barbarous cruelty; hence, any profligate and cruel ruler or merciless tyrant.
- (n.) Abbreviation of pyrogallic acid.
- (n.) A name for several aroid plants (Colocasia antiquorum, var. esculenta, Colocasia macrorhiza, etc.), and their rootstocks. They have large ovate-sagittate leaves and large fleshy rootstocks, which are cooked and used for food in tropical countries.
- A contraction of Through.
- (n.) Same as Tyro.
- (n.) A beginner in learning; one who is in the rudiments of any branch of study; a person imperfectly acquainted with a subject; a novice.
- - (/). A combining form used in anatomy to indicate connection with, or relation to, the uterus; as in utro-ovarian.
- (n.) A cipher; nothing; naught.
- (n.) The point from which the graduation of a scale, as of a thermometer, commences.
- (n.) Fig.: The lowest point; the point of exhaustion; as, his patience had nearly reached zero.