Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: ??T?E?N
- (a.) Pertaining to Antaeus, a giant athlete slain by Hercules.
- (n.) Intermediate time or space; interval.
- (prep.) In the space which separates; betwixt; as, New York is between Boston and Philadelphia.
- (prep.) Used in expressing motion from one body or place to another; from one to another of two.
- (prep.) Belonging in common to two; shared by both.
- (prep.) Belonging to, or participated in by, two, and involving reciprocal action or affecting their mutual relation; as, opposition between science and religion.
- (prep.) With relation to two, as involved in an act or attribute of which another is the agent or subject; as, to judge between or to choose between courses; to distinguish between you and me; to mediate between nations.
- (prep.) In intermediate relation to, in respect to time, quantity, or degree; as, between nine and ten o'clock.
- (a.) The brine which remains in salt works after the salt is concreted, having a bitter taste from the chloride of magnesium which it contains.
- (a.) A very bitter compound of quassia, cocculus Indicus, etc., used by fraudulent brewers in adulterating beer.
- (n.) A wading bird of the genus Botaurus, allied to the herons, of various species.
- (n.) See Cittern.
- (n.) An instrument shaped like a lute, but strung with wire and played with a quill or plectrum.
- (a.) Divinely inspired; wrought up to enthusiasm.
- (n.) An instrument like a guitar.
- (v. i.) To play on gittern.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Lethe; resembling in effect the water of Lethe.
- (n.) Sulphuric ether used as an anaesthetic agent.
- (n.) See Lecturn.
- (n.) A dormer window. See Dormer.
- (n.) Anything proposed for imitation; an archetype; an exemplar; that which is to be, or is worthy to be, copied or imitated; as, a pattern of a machine.
- (n.) A part showing the figure or quality of the whole; a specimen; a sample; an example; an instance.
- (n.) Stuff sufficient for a garment; as, a dress pattern.
- (n.) Figure or style of decoration; design; as, wall paper of a beautiful pattern.
- (n.) Something made after a model; a copy.
- (n.) Anything cut or formed to serve as a guide to cutting or forming objects; as, a dressmaker's pattern.
- (n.) A full-sized model around which a mold of sand is made, to receive the melted metal. It is usually made of wood and in several parts, so as to be removed from the mold without injuring it.
- (v. t.) To make or design (anything) by, from, or after, something that serves as a pattern; to copy; to model; to imitate.
- (v. t.) To serve as an example for; also, to parallel.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to to rock.
- (n.) Whisky; especially whisky distilled in a small way privately or illicitly by the Irish peasantry.
- (n.) See Poteen.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to potters.
- (n.) A thick woolen stuff quilled or twilled.
- (n.) See Cittern.