- A process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
- The state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action"
- Put in effect; "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
- Institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
- Something done (usually as opposed to something said); "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- The most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"
- A military engagement; "he saw action in Korea"
- A judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party