Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: ??UA?
- (n.) A village composed of Arab tents arranged in streets.
- (a.) Agreeing in quantity, size, quality, degree, value, etc.; having the same magnitude, the same value, the same degree, etc.; -- applied to number, degree, quantity, and intensity, and to any subject which admits of them; neither inferior nor superior, greater nor less, better nor worse; corresponding; alike; as, equal quantities of land, water, etc. ; houses of equal size; persons of equal stature or talents; commodities of equal value.
- (a.) Bearing a suitable relation; of just proportion; having competent power, abilities, or means; adequate; as, he is not equal to the task.
- (a.) Not variable; equable; uniform; even; as, an equal movement.
- (a.) Evenly balanced; not unduly inclining to either side; characterized by fairness; unbiased; impartial; equitable; just.
- (a.) Of the same interest or concern; indifferent.
- (a.) Intended for voices of one kind only, either all male or all female; -- opposed to mixed.
- (a.) Exactly agreeing with respect to quantity.
- (n.) One not inferior or superior to another; one having the same or a similar age, rank, station, office, talents, strength, or other quality or condition; an equal quantity or number; as, "If equals be taken from equals the remainders are equal."
- (n.) State of being equal; equality.
- (v. t.) To be or become equal to; to have the same quantity, the same value, the same degree or rank, or the like, with; to be commen/urate with.
- (v. t.) To make equal return to; to recompense fully.
- (v. t.) To make equal or equal to; to equalize; hence, to compare or regard as equals; to put on equality.
- (n.) One who holds a feu.
- An island of Hawaii to the northwest of Oahu
- Gull-like jaeger of northern seas
- (a.) Fat; thick; plump; bulky.
- (a.) Unfledged; unfeathered; as, a squab pigeon.
- (adv.) With a heavy fall; plump.
- (n.) A neatling of a pigeon or other similar bird, esp. when very fat and not fully fledged.
- (n.) A person of a short, fat figure.
- (n.) A thickly stuffed cushion; especially, one used for the seat of a sofa, couch, or chair; also, a sofa.
- (v. i.) To fall plump; to strike at one dash, or with a heavy stroke.
- (n.) A small party of men assembled for drill, inspection, or other purposes.
- (n.) Hence, any small party.
- (n.) Sloppy mud.
- (a.) Sitting on the hams or heels; sitting close to the ground; cowering; crouching.
- (a.) Short and thick, like the figure of an animal squatting.
- (n.) The angel fish (Squatina angelus).
- (n.) The posture of one that sits on his heels or hams, or close to the ground.
- (n.) A sudden or crushing fall.
- (n.) A small vein of ore.
- (n.) A mineral consisting of tin ore and spar.
- (v. t.) To sit down upon the hams or heels; as, the savages squatted near the fire.
- (v. t.) To sit close to the ground; to cower; to stoop, or lie close, to escape observation, as a partridge or rabbit.
- (v. t.) To settle on another's land without title; also, to settle on common or public lands.
- (v. t.) To bruise or make flat by a fall.
- (n.) A female; a woman; -- in the language of Indian tribes of the Algonquin family, correlative of sannup.
- (n.) Such as is in common use; such as occurs in ordinary practice, or in the ordinary course of events; customary; ordinary; habitual; common.