Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: ??UMM??
- (imp. p. p.) of Chum
- (imp. & p. p.) of Drum
- (n.) One whose office is to best the drum, as in military exercises and marching.
- (n.) One who solicits custom; a commercial traveler.
- (n.) A fish that makes a sound when caught
- (n.) The squeteague.
- (n.) A California sculpin.
- (n.) A large West Indian cockroach (Blatta gigantea) which drums on woodwork, as a sexual call.
- Be a mystery or bewildering to;
- Moody and melancholic
- Showing a brooding ill humor; "a dark scowl"; "the proverbially dour New England Puritan"; "a glum, hopeless shrug"; "he sat in moody silence"; "a morose and unsociable manner"; "a saturnine, almost misanthropic young genius"- Bruce Bliven; "a sour temper"; "a sullen crowd"
- Fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
- (n.) A piece of lead attached to a line, used in sounding the depth of water.
- (n.) A plumb bob or a plumb line. See under Plumb, n.
- (n.) Hence, any weight.
- (n.) A piece of lead formerly used by school children to rule paper for writing.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scum
- (n.) Excrement; scumber.
- (n.) An instrument for taking off scum; a skimmer.
- (v. i.) To scumber.
- Spend time at a lower socio-economic level than one's own, motivated by curiosity or desire for adventure; usage considered condescending and insensitive; "attending a motion picture show by the upper class was considered sluming in the early 20th century"
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stum
- (n.) The chiff-chaff.
- (n. pl.) A mysterious part or decoration of the breastplate of the Jewish high priest. See the note under Urim.