- (n.) That which happens without design; chance; hazard; hap; hence, chance of danger or loss.
- (n.) Risk; danger; peril.
- (n.) The encountering of risks; hazardous and striking enterprise; a bold undertaking, in which hazards are to be encountered, and the issue is staked upon unforeseen events; a daring feat.
- (n.) A remarkable occurrence; a striking event; a stirring incident; as, the adventures of one's life.
- (n.) A mercantile or speculative enterprise of hazard; a venture; a shipment by a merchant on his own account.
- (n.) To risk, or hazard; jeopard; to venture.
- (n.) To venture upon; to run the risk of; to dare.
- (v. i.) To try the chance; to take the risk.