Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: ?A?F?Y
- (n.) A neuropterous insect of the genus Ephemera and related genera, of many species, and inhabiting fresh water in the larval state; the ephemeral fly; -- so called because it commonly lives but one day in the winged or adult state. See Ephemeral fly, under Ephemeral.
- (n.) Any dipterous insect of the genus Oestrus, and allied genera of botflies.
- Slender insect with delicate membranous wings having an aquatic larval stage and terrestrial adult stage usually lasting less than two days
- (interj.) By my faith; verily.
- (adv.) Safely.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of hymenopterous insects belonging to the family Tenthredinidae. The female usually has an ovipositor containing a pair of sawlike organs with which she makes incisions in the leaves or stems of plants in which to lay the eggs. The larvae resemble those of Lepidoptera.