Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: ?A?M?N?
- A semiaquatic reptile of Central and South America that resembles an alligator but has a more heavily armored belly
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Calm
- (n.) A rich red or crimson color with a shade of purple.
- (n.) A beautiful pigment, or a lake, of this color, prepared from cochineal, and used in miniature painting.
- (n.) The essential coloring principle of cochineal, extracted as a purple-red amorphous mass. It is a glucoside and possesses acid properties; -- hence called also carminic acid.
- (n.) A well-know plant of the genus Nepeta (N. Cataria), somewhat like mint, having a string scent, and sometimes used in medicine. It is so called because cats have a peculiar fondness for it.
- A person who is part mortal and part god
- An evil supernatural being
- An evil supernatural being
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dam
- (a.) Pertaining to agriculture; devoted to, adapted to, or engaged in, farming; as, farming tools; farming land; a farming community.
- (n.) The business of cultivating land.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Farm
- (n.) Any article of clothing, as a coat, a gown, etc.
- (n.) A plant described by Milton as "of sovereign use against all enchantments."
- Exaggerate one's acting
- Poor acting by a ham actor
- (n.) An alkaloid accompanying harmaline (in the Peganum harmala), and obtained from it by oxidation. It is a white crystalline substance.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Harm
- (n.) The just adaptation of parts to each other, in any system or combination of things, or in things, or things intended to form a connected whole; such an agreement between the different parts of a design or composition as to produce unity of effect; as, the harmony of the universe.
- (n.) Concord or agreement in facts, opinions, manners, interests, etc.; good correspondence; peace and friendship; as, good citizens live in harmony.
- (n.) A literary work which brings together or arranges systematically parallel passages of historians respecting the same events, and shows their agreement or consistency; as, a harmony of the Gospels.
- (n.) A succession of chords according to the rules of progression and modulation.
- (n.) The science which treats of their construction and progression.
- (n.) See Harmonic suture, under Harmonic.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Jam
- (n.) A shrubby plant of the genus Jasminum, bearing flowers of a peculiarly fragrant odor. The J. officinale, common in the south of Europe, bears white flowers. The Arabian jasmine is J. Sambac, and, with J. angustifolia, comes from the East Indies. The yellow false jasmine in the Gelseminum sempervirens (see Gelsemium). Several other plants are called jasmine in the West Indies, as species of Calotropis and Faramea.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lam
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Maim
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Palm
- (n.) The act of paying, or giving compensation; the discharge of a debt or an obligation.
- (n.) That which is paid; the thing given in discharge of a debt, or an obligation, or in fulfillment of a promise; reward; recompense; requital; return.
- (n.) Punishment; chastisement.
- (n.) Clothing in general; vesture; garments; -- usually singular in form, with a collective sense.
- (n.) An article of dress.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ram
LOAD MORE RESULTS