Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: ?A?Y??
- (n.) A tree of the same genus as the common fig, and called the Indian fig (Ficus Indica), whose branches send shoots to the ground, which take root and become additional trunks, until it may be the tree covers some acres of ground and is able to shelter thousands of men.
- The absolute unit of pressure equal to one dyne per square centimeter
- Any of the elementary particles having a mass equal to or greater than that of a proton and that participate in strong interactions; a hadron with a baryon number of +1
- (n.) An oxide of barium (or barytum); a heavy earth with a specific gravity above 4.
- (n.) A positive or nonacid constituent of compound, either elementary, or, if compound, performing the functions of an element.
- (n.) Flint or pebble stone, used in building walls, etc.
- (n.) The English form of the Spanish word Caon.
- (n.) A variety of nephelite from Vesuvius.
- (n.) A rare metallic element found in platinum ore. It is a white malleable substance. Symbol Da. Atomic weight 154.
- (n.) A Berber, as in Algiers or Tunis. See Berber.
- (n.) See Lanier.
- (n.) The expanded upper end of the windpipe or trachea, connected with the hyoid bone or cartilage. It contains the vocal cords, which produce the voice by their vibrations, when they are stretched and a current of air passes between them. The larynx is connected with the pharynx by an opening, the glottis, which, in mammals, is protected by a lidlike epiglottis.
- (n.) One versed in the laws, or a practitioner of law; one whose profession is to conduct lawsuits for clients, or to advise as to prosecution or defence of lawsuits, or as to legal rights and obligations in other matters. It is a general term, comprehending attorneys, counselors, solicitors, barristers, sergeants, and advocates.
- (n.) The black-necked stilt. See Stilt.
- (n.) The bowfin (Amia calva).
- (n.) The burbot (Lota maculosa).
- (n.) One of the dominant people of Hungary, allied to the Finns; a Hungarian.
- (n.) The language of the Magyars.
- (pl.) of Papyrus
- Either of two Soviet space stations launched in the 1970s
- One of a class of woodland deities; attendant on Bacchus; identified with Roman fauns
- Man with strong sexual desires
- (n.) One whose occupation is to saw timber into planks or boards, or to saw wood for fuel; a sawer.
- (n.) A tree which has fallen into a stream so that its branches project above the surface, rising and falling with a rocking or swaying motion in the current.
- (n.) The bowfin.