Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ?AR?A
- (n.) Baryta.
- (n.) A genus of marine univalve shells; the harp shells; -- so called from the form of the shells, and their ornamental ribs.
- (n.) One's acts considered as fixing one's lot in the future existence. (Theos.) The doctrine of fate as the inflexible result of cause and effect; the theory of inevitable consequence.
- (n.) Any young insect from the time that it hatches from the egg until it becomes a pupa, or chrysalis. During this time it usually molts several times, and may change its form or color each time. The larvae of many insects are much like the adults in form and habits, but have no trace of wings, the rudimentary wings appearing only in the pupa stage. In other groups of insects the larvae are totally unlike the parents in structure and habits, and are called caterpillars, grubs, maggots, etc.
- (n.) The early, immature form of any animal when more or less of a metamorphosis takes place, before the assumption of the mature shape.
- A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon
- Valuable timber tree of Panama
- A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term)
- Town in Italy
- Type of ham
- (n.) Sarsaparilla.
- City in northwestern Jordan