Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ?AS?I?
- (a.) Of or pertaining to cheese; as, caseic acid.
- (n.) A proteid substance present in both the animal and the vegetable kingdom. In the animal kingdom it is chiefly found in milk, and constitutes the main part of the curd separated by rennet; in the vegetable kingdom it is found more or less abundantly in the seeds of leguminous plants. Its reactions resemble those of alkali albumin.
- (n.) A genus of leguminous plants (herbs, shrubs, or trees) of many species, most of which have purgative qualities. The leaves of several species furnish the senna used in medicine.
- (n.) The bark of several species of Cinnamomum grown in China, etc.; Chinese cinnamon. It is imported as cassia, but commonly sold as cinnamon, from which it differs more or less in strength and flavor, and the amount of outer bark attached.
- Liqueur made with black currants
- A black currant
- (n.) A band, sash, or fillet; especially, in surgery, a bandage or roller.
- (n.) A flat member of an order or building, like a flat band or broad fillet; especially, one of the three bands which make up the architrave, in the Ionic order. See Illust. of Column.
- (n.) The layer of loose tissue, often containing fat, immediately beneath the skin; the stronger layer of connective tissue covering and investing all muscles; an aponeurosis.
- (n.) A broad well-defined band of color.
- Lower part of a horse's thigh between the hock and the stifle
- A member of a Jewish sect that observes a form of strict Orthodox Judaism
- (a.) Hasty.
- (n.) A young girl; a lass.
- Middle-distance iron
- (Islam) a Muslim place of worship
- (a.) Composed of different sorts; as, maslin bread, which is made of rye mixed with a little wheat.
- (n.) A mixture composed of different materials
- (n.) A mixture of metals resembling brass.
- (n.) A mixture of different sorts of grain, as wheat and rye.
- (n.) A vessel made of maslin, 1 (a).
- A block of the earth's crust bounded by faults and shifted to form peaks of a mountain range
- (n.) A low shrubby tree of the genus Pistacia (P. Lentiscus), growing upon the islands and coasts of the Mediterranean, and producing a valuable resin; -- called also, mastic tree.
- (n.) A resin exuding from the mastic tree, and obtained by incision. The best is in yellowish white, semitransparent tears, of a faint smell, and is used as an astringent and an aromatic, also as an ingredient in varnishes.
- (n.) A kind of cement composed of burnt clay, litharge, and linseed oil, used for plastering walls, etc.
- (adv.) Here and there; everywhere; as, this word occurs passim in the poem.
- (n.) Alt. of Pastille
- Similar to absinthe but containing no wormwood
- (n.) The raspberry.
LOAD MORE RESULTS