- (n.) The act of repairing or resorting to a place.
- (n.) Place to which one repairs; a haunt; a resort.
- (n.) Restoration to a sound or good state after decay, waste, injury, or partial restruction; supply of loss; reparation; as, materials are collected for the repair of a church or of a city.
- (n.) Condition with respect to soundness, perfectness, etc.; as, a house in good, or bad, repair; the book is out of repair.
- (v. i.) To return.
- (v. i.) To go; to betake one's self; to resort; ass, to repair to sanctuary for safety.
- (v. t.) To restore to a sound or good state after decay, injury, dilapidation, or partial destruction; to renew; to restore; to mend; as, to repair a house, a road, a shoe, or a ship; to repair a shattered fortune.
- (v. t.) To make amends for, as for an injury, by an equivalent; to indemnify for; as, to repair a loss or damage.