Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ?E?E?S
- A mythical Greek warrior who was a leader on the Trojan side of the Trojan War; hero of the Aeneid
- Cover with drops of dew or as with dew
- Make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don't recognize them"
- A cap with no brim or bill; made of soft cloth
- Assail or attack on all sides: "The zebra was beset by leopards"
- Decorate or cover lavishly (as with gems)
- Annoy continually or chronically;
- Trouble or harass
- A hand tool consisting of two rules that are hinged together so you can draw or measure angles of any size
- Two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees
- Cut a bevel on; shape to a bevel; "bevel the surface"
- A sloping edge on a cutting tool
- Gemstone setting
- (n.) A genus of plants of the Cactus family. They are natives of America, from California to Chili.
- Yield to another's wish or opinion; "The government bowed to the military pressure"
- Hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- To put off till later
- Turn away from by persuasion; "Negative campaigning will only dissuade people"
- Try to prevent; show opposition to; "We should discourage this practice among our youth"
- (n. pl.) See Phasel.
- Intense nervous anticipation; "in a fever of resentment"
- A rise in the temperature of the body; frequently a symptom of infection
- Agile Old World viverrine having a spotted coat and long ringed tail
- French writer of novels and dramas for the theater of the absurd (1910-1986)
- French diplomat who in 1793 tried to draw the United States into the war between France and England (1763-1834)
- A person who hews
- Adorn or decorate with precious stones; "jeweled dresses"
- A precious or semiprecious stone incorporated into a piece of jewelry
- A person who is as brilliant and precious as a piece of jewelry
- (fem.) A Hebrew woman.
- A pariah who is avoided by others
- A person afflicted with leprosy
- A formal reception of visitors or guests (as at a royal court)
- 4. sovereign's assembly
- An embankment that is built in order to prevent a river from overflowing
- A pier that provides a landing place on a river
- A position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
- Height above ground; "the water reached ankle level"; "the pictures were at the same level"
- An abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
- Become level or even; "The ground levelled off"
- A specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process; "a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences?"
- Talk frankly with; lay it on the line; "I have to level with you"
- A relative position or degree of value in a graded group; "lumber of the highest grade"
- Direct into a position for use; "point a gun"; "He charged his weapon at me"
- Aim at; "level criticism or
- A rigid bar pivoted about a fulcrum
- A flat metal tumbler in a lever lock
- A simple machine that gives a mechanical advantage when given a fulcrum
- To move or force, especially in an effort to get something open; "The burglar jimmied the lock": "Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail"
- A noisy riotous fight
- A brawl
LOAD MORE RESULTS