Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ?EM
- (n.) A bud.
- (n.) A precious stone of any kind, as the ruby, emerald, topaz, sapphire, beryl, spinel, etc., especially when cut and polished for ornament; a jewel.
- (n.) Anything of small size, or expressed within brief limits, which is regarded as a gem on account of its beauty or value, as a small picture, a verse of poetry, a witty or wise saying.
- (v. t.) To put forth in the form of buds.
- (v. t.) To adorn with gems or precious stones.
- (v. t.) To embellish or adorn, as with gems; as, a foliage gemmed with dewdrops.
- (interj.) An onomatopoetic word used as an expression of hesitation, doubt, etc. It is often a sort of voluntary half cough, loud or subdued, and would perhaps be better expressed by hm.
- (n.) An utterance or sound of the voice, hem or hm, often indicative of hesitation or doubt, sometimes used to call attention.
- (n.) The edge or border of a garment or cloth, doubled over and sewed, to strengthen raveling.
- (n.) Border; edge; margin.
- (n.) A border made on sheet-metal ware by doubling over the edge of the sheet, to stiffen it and remove the sharp edge.
- (pron.) Them
- (v. i.) To make the sound expressed by the word hem; hence, to hesitate in speaking.
- (v. t.) To form a hem or border to; to fold and sew down the edge of.
- (v. t.) To border; to edge
- A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back
- The 13th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- (Roentgen Equivalent Man) the dosage of ionizing radiation that will cause the same amount of injury to human tissue as 1 roentgen of X-rays
- A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs; a state of rapidly shifting eye movements during sleep
- (n.) The abdomen; the uterus; the womb.
- (n.) Spot; blemish; harm; hurt.
- (n.) An indolent, encysted tumor of the skin; especially, a sebaceous cyst.
- (v. t.) To stain; to blemish; to harm; to corrupt.