- (a.) Having the slant of a bevel; slanting.
- (a.) Hence: Morally distorted; not upright.
- (n.) Any angle other than a right angle; the angle which one surface makes with another when they are not at right angles; the slant or inclination of such surface; as, to give a bevel to the edge of a table or a stone slab; the bevel of a piece of timber.
- (n.) An instrument consisting of two rules or arms, jointed together at one end, and opening to any angle, for adjusting the surfaces of work to the same or a given inclination; -- called also a bevel square.
- (v. i.) To deviate or incline from an angle of 90¡, as a surface; to slant.
- (v. t.) To cut to a bevel angle; to slope the edge or surface of.