Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ?HEL?S
- The hard largely calcareous covering of a mollusc or a brachiopod
- A metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- Ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun
- The housing or outer covering of something; "the clock has a walnut case"
- Remove the husks from; "husk corn"
- A very light narrow racing boat
- Remove from its shell or outer covering; "shell the legumes"; "shell mussels"
- A rigid covering that envelops an object; "the satellite is covered with a smooth shell of ice"
- Come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
- The exterior covering of a bird's egg
- Use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
- Gather whelk
- Large carnivorous marine gastropods of coastal waters and intertidal regions having a strong snail-like shell
- Large marine snail much used as food in Europe
- Overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli
- Young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf
- Birth; "the dog whelped"