Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ?HR?????
- (a.) Of or pertaining to or used in chrism.
- A consecrated ointment consisting of a mixture of oil and balsam
- 1. A white cloth or robe worn by an infant at baptism. 2. Archaic An infant wearing a baptismal robe; a baby
- (v. t.) To baptize and give a Christian name to.
- (v. t.) To give a name; to denominate.
- (v. t.) To Christianize.
- (v. t.) To use for the first time.
- Prolific English writer of detective stories (1890-1976)
- (a.) Christlike.
- (n.) See Chrisom.
- (n.) A salt of chromic acid.
- Treat with a chromium compound
- Plate with chromium; "chrome bathroom fixtures"
- (n.) Same as Chromatism.
- (n.) A black submetallic mineral consisting of oxide of chromium and iron; -- called also chromic iron.
- (n.) A compound or salt of chromous hydroxide regarded as an acid.
- (n.) A comparatively rare element occurring most abundantly in the mineral chromite. Atomic weight 52.5. Symbol Cr. When isolated it is a hard, brittle, grayish white metal, fusible with difficulty. Its chief commercial importance is for its compounds, as potassium chromate, lead chromate, etc., which are brilliantly colored and are used dyeing and calico printing. Called also chrome.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or derived from, chromium, when this element has a valence lower than that in chromic compounds.
- (n.) A general name for coloring matter of plants other than chlorophyll, especially that of petals.
- (n.) One of the higher aromatic hydrocarbons of coal tar, allied to naphthalene and anthracene. It is a white crystalline substance, C18H12, of strong blue fluorescence, but generally colored yellow by impurities.
- American car company
- (n.) A genus of neuropterous insects. See Lacewing.
- (n.) Method of expression; association of words.
- (n.) The act or method of grouping the notes so as to form distinct musical phrases.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Phrase
- (a.) Subterranean; -- applied to sources supplying wells.
- (n.) That branch of science which relates to the mind; mental philosophy.
- (n.) See Vital force, under Vital.
- (n. & a.) See Phrenetic.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Phrygia, or to its inhabitants.
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Phrygia.
- (n.) A Montanist.
- (n.) One who lops; one who trims trees.
LOAD MORE RESULTS