Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: ?I?E???O?
- (n.) That portion of a group of moldings which projects beyond the general surface of a panel; a bolection.
- (n.) Division into two parts, esp. two equal parts.
- (n.) The act or process of digesting; reduction to order; classification; thoughtful consideration.
- (n.) The conversion of food, in the stomach and intestines, into soluble and diffusible products, capable of being absorbed by the blood.
- (n.) Generation of pus; suppuration.
- (n.) Love; choice.
- (n.) Measure in a single line, as length, breadth, height, thickness, or circumference; extension; measurement; -- usually, in the plural, measure in length and breadth, or in length, breadth, and thickness; extent; size; as, the dimensions of a room, or of a ship; the dimensions of a farm, of a kingdom.
- (n.) Extent; reach; scope; importance; as, a project of large dimensions.
- (n.) The degree of manifoldness of a quantity; as, time is quantity having one dimension; volume has three dimensions, relative to extension.
- (n.) A literal factor, as numbered in characterizing a term. The term dimensions forms with the cardinal numbers a phrase equivalent to degree with the ordinal; thus, a2b2c is a term of five dimensions, or of the fifth degree.
- (n.) The manifoldness with which the fundamental units of time, length, and mass are involved in determining the units of other physical quantities.
- (n.) The act of directing, of aiming, regulating, guiding, or ordering; guidance; management; superintendence; administration; as, the direction o/ public affairs or of a bank.
- (n.) That which is imposed by directing; a guiding or authoritative instruction; prescription; order; command; as, he grave directions to the servants.
- (n.) The name and residence of a person to whom any thing is sent, written upon the thing sent; superscription; address; as, the direction of a letter.
- (n.) The line or course upon which anything is moving or aimed to move, or in which anything is lying or pointing; aim; line or point of tendency; direct line or course; as, the ship sailed in a southeasterly direction.
- (n.) The body of managers of a corporation or enterprise; board of directors.
- (n.) The pointing of a piece with reference to an imaginary vertical axis; -- distinguished from elevation. The direction is given when the plane of sight passes through the object.
- (n.) The act of plundering, despoiling, or snatching away.
- (v. t.) To throw out of employment.
- (v. t.) To free from the captivity of love.
- (n.) The act of turning aside from any course, occupation, or object; as, the diversion of a stream from its channel; diversion of the mind from business.
- (n.) That which diverts; that which turns or draws the mind from care or study, and thus relaxes and amuses; sport; play; pastime; as, the diversions of youth.
- (n.) The act of drawing the attention and force of an enemy from the point where the principal attack is to be made; the attack, alarm, or feint which diverts.
- (a.) Proof against fire; incombustible.
- (n.) One who, or that which, liberates; a deliverer.
- (n.) The blood necessary to life; vital blood.
- (n.) Fig.: That which gives strength and energy.
- (n.) Delineation; a line or lines.
- (n.) One who teaches the letters or elements of knowledge; a petty schoolmaster.
- (n.) A person devoted to the study of literary trifles, esp. trifles belonging to the literature of a former age.
- (n.) A learned person; a literatus.
- A large city in northwestern England; its port is the country's major outlet for industrial exports
- (v. t.) To employ amiss; as, to misemploy time, advantages, talents, etc.
- (n.) The quality or state of being a river.
- (n.) Same as Tiger's-foot.