Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: ?I?T?A??
- (a.) Separated; drawn asunder.
- (a.) Insane; mad.
- (v. t.) To draw apart or away; to divide; to disjoin.
- (v. t.) To draw (the sight, mind, or attention) in different directions; to perplex; to confuse; as, to distract the eye; to distract the attention.
- (v. t.) To agitate by conflicting passions, or by a variety of motives or of cares; to confound; to harass.
- (v. t.) To unsettle the reason of; to render insane; to craze; to madden; -- most frequently used in the participle, distracted.
- (v. i.) To levy a distress.
- (v. t.) To press heavily upon; to bear down upon with violence; hence, to constrain or compel; to bind; to distress, torment, or afflict.
- (v. t.) To rend; to tear.
- (v. t.) To seize, as a pledge or indemnification; to take possession of as security for nonpayment of rent, the reparation of an injury done, etc.; to take by distress; as, to distrain goods for rent, or of an amercement.
- (v. t.) To subject to distress; to coerce; as, to distrain a person by his goods and chattels.
- (a.) Absent-minded; lost in thought; abstracted.
- (n.) That which has been filtered; the liquid which has passed through the filter in the process of filtration.
- (v. t.) To filter; to defecate; as liquid, by straining or percolation.
- (n.) A yellow-tailed worm or larva.
- (n.) A Celtic monument, commonly known as a dolmen.
- (v. t.) To teach wrongly; to instruct erroneously.
- (v. t.) To train amiss.
- A strong north wind that blows in France during the winter
- (n.) A yard or place for tilting.
- (n. pl.) Food for human beings, esp. when it is cooked or prepared for the table; that which supports human life; provisions; sustenance; meat; viands.
- (v. t.) To make efficacious; to give virtue of efficacy.