- (n.) A dress or exterior put on for purposes of concealment or of deception; as, persons doing unlawful acts in disguise are subject to heavy penalties.
- (n.) Artificial language or manner assumed for deception; false appearance; counterfeit semblance or show.
- (n.) Change of manner by drink; intoxication.
- (n.) A masque or masquerade.
- (v. t.) To change the guise or appearance of; especially, to conceal by an unusual dress, or one intended to mislead or deceive.
- (v. t.) To hide by a counterfeit appearance; to cloak by a false show; to mask; as, to disguise anger; to disguise one's sentiments, character, or intentions.
- (v. t.) To affect or change by liquor; to intoxicate.