- (n.) A messenger.
- (n.) A spiritual, celestial being, superior to man in power and intelligence. In the Scriptures the angels appear as God's messengers.
- (n.) One of a class of "fallen angels;" an evil spirit; as, the devil and his angels.
- (n.) A minister or pastor of a church, as in the Seven Asiatic churches.
- (n.) Attendant spirit; genius; demon.
- (n.) An appellation given to a person supposed to be of angelic goodness or loveliness; a darling.
- (n.) An ancient gold coin of England, bearing the figure of the archangel Michael. It varied in value from 6s. 8d. to 10s.