Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ?N?E?L
- (v. t.) To subject to great heat, and then cool slowly, as glass, cast iron, steel, or other metal, for the purpose of rendering it less brittle; to temper; to toughen.
- (v. t.) To heat, as glass, tiles, or earthenware, in order to fix the colors laid on them.
- (a.) Being before, or in front.
- (v. t.) To impress with a seal; to mark as with a seal; hence, to ratify.
- (v. t.) To close eyes of; to seel; -- said in reference to a hawk.
- (v. t.) To cover, as with a vail.
- (n.) Misfortune; calamity; sickness.
- (v. t.) To uncover. See Unhele.
- (a.) Not real; unsubstantial; fanciful; ideal.
- Unwind from or as if from a reel; "unreel the tape"
- (v. t.) To break or remove the seal of; to open, as what is sealed; as, to unseal a letter.
- (v. t.) To disclose, as a secret.
- (v. t.) To open, as the eyes of a hawk that have been seeled; hence, to give light to; to enlighten.
- (v. i.) To remove a veil; to reveal one's self.
- (v. t.) To remove a veil from; to divest of a veil; to uncover; to disclose to view; to reveal; as, she unveiled her face.
- (a.) Not well; indisposed; not in good health; somewhat ill; ailing.
- (a.) Specifically, ill from menstruation; affected with, or having, catamenial; menstruant.