Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ?NC?
- (n.) An emperor or monarch of Peru before, or at the time of, the Spanish conquest; any member of this royal dynasty, reputed to have been descendants of the sun.
- (n.) The people governed by the Incas, now represented by the Quichua tribe.
- (n.) The ounce.
- (a.) Measurement an inch in any dimension, whether length, breadth, or thickness; -- used in composition; as, a two-inch cable; a four-inch plank.
- (n.) An island; -- often used in the names of small islands off the coast of Scotland, as in Inchcolm, Inchkeith, etc.
- (n.) A measure of length, the twelfth part of a foot, commonly subdivided into halves, quarters, eights, sixteenths, etc., as among mechanics. It was also formerly divided into twelve parts, called lines, and originally into three parts, called barleycorns, its length supposed to have been determined from three grains of barley placed end to end lengthwise. It is also sometimes called a prime ('), composed of twelve seconds (''), as in the duodecimal system of arithmetic.
- (n.) A small distance or degree, whether of time or space; hence, a critical moment.
- (v. i.) To advance or retire by inches or small degrees; to move slowly.
- (v. t.) To drive by inches, or small degrees.
- (v. t.) To deal out by inches; to give sparingly.
- (adv.) By limitation to the number one; for one time; not twice nor any number of times more than one.
- (adv.) At some one period of time; -- used indefinitely.
- (adv.) At any one time; -- often nearly equivalent to ever, if ever, or whenever; as, once kindled, it may not be quenched.
- (n.) A claw.
- (n.) An ounce; a small portion.
- (pl.) of Uncus
- (a.) Unknown; strange, or foreign; unusual, or surprising; distant in manner; reserved.
- (adv.) In a high degree; to a great extent; greatly; very.
- (n.) A strange thing or person.