- (a.) Of or pertaining to infancy, or the first period of life; tender; not mature; as, infant strength.
- (a.) Intended for young children; as, an infant school.
- (n.) A child in the first period of life, beginning at his birth; a young babe; sometimes, a child several years of age.
- (n.) A person who is not of full age, or who has not attained the age of legal capacity; a person under the age of twenty-one years; a minor.
- (n.) Same as Infante.
- (v. t.) To bear or bring forth, as a child; hence, to produce, in general.