Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: ?O??N
- (n.) A nonmetallic element occurring abundantly in borax. It is reduced with difficulty to the free state, when it can be obtained in several different forms; viz., as a substance of a deep olive color, in a semimetallic form, and in colorless quadratic crystals similar to the diamond in hardness and other properties. It occurs in nature also in boracite, datolite, tourmaline, and some other minerals. Atomic weight 10.9. Symbol B.
- (n.) See Boatswain.
- A petty officer on a merchant ship who controls the work of other seamen
- (n.) Alt. of Bourne
- (v.) Alt. of Bourne
- (a.) Made of boxwood; pertaining to, or resembling, the box (Buxus).
- A specific sequence of three adjacent nucleotides on a strand of DNA or RNA that specifies the genetic code information for synthesizing a particular amino acid
- United States songwriter and playwright famous for his patriotic songs (1878-1942)
- The keystone of an arch
- Expandable metal or wooden wedge used by printers to lock up a form within a chase
- (n.) The American quail or bobwhite. The name is also applied to other related species. See Bobwhite.
- (n.) That part of the large intestines which extends from the caecum to the rectum. [See Illust of Digestion.]
- (n.) A point or character, formed thus [:], used to separate parts of a sentence that are complete in themselves and nearly independent, often taking the place of a conjunction.
- (v. t.) See Cozen.
- An assembly of witches; usually 13 witches
- (n.) A collusive agreement between two or more persons to prejudice a third.
- (n.) Deceit; fraud; artifice.
- (n.) One who works as a mason without having served a regular apprenticeship.
- (v. i.) To deceive; to cheat; to act deceitfully.
- (v. t.) To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- A man who is the senior member of a group; "he is the dean of foreign correspondents"
- (n.) A collection of twelve objects; a tale or set of twelve; with or without of before the substantive which follows.
- (n.) An indefinite small number.
- (pl.) of Dozen
- (n.) A yellow or brownish red dyestuff obtained by the action of bromine on fluorescein, and named from the fine rose-red which it imparts to silk. It is also used for making a fine red ink. Its solution is fluorescent.
LOAD MORE RESULTS