Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ?O?B?
- (n.) A nickname for a policeman; -- from Sir Robert Peel, who remodeled the police force. See Peeler.
- A frozen dome shaped dessert
- An explosive device fused to explode under specific conditions
- Strong sealed vessel for measuring heat of combustion
- An event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
- Throw bombs at or attack with bombs; "The Americans bombed Dresden"
- Fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"
- Commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake; "I blundered during the job interview"
- Either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
- An ignorant or foolish person
- (a.) Having the characteristics of a booby; stupid.
- (n.) A dunce; a stupid fellow.
- (n.) A swimming bird (Sula fiber or S. sula) related to the common gannet, and found in the West Indies, nesting on the bare rocks. It is so called on account of its apparent stupidity. The name is also sometimes applied to other species of gannets; as, S. piscator, the red-footed booby.
- (n.) A species of penguin of the antarctic seas.
- (n.) Headstrong; obstinate.
- (n.) Stout; hearty; lively.
- (n.) That unwatered portion of a valley which forms its continuation beyond and above the most elevated spring that issues into it.
- A small band of jazz musicians
- The act of drawing a comb through hair; "his hair needed a comb"
- Smoothen and neaten with or as with a comb; "comb your hair before dinner"; "comb the wool"
- The fleshy red crest on the head of the domestic fowl and other gallinaceous birds
- Search thoroughly; "They combed the area for the missing child"
- Ciliated comb-like swimming plate of a ctenophore
- Straighten with a comb; "comb your hair"
- A flat device with narrow pointed teeth on one edge; disentangles or arranges hair
- Any of several tools for straightening fibers
- (a.) Crooked.
- (n.) The raven.
- (n.) A raven, crow, or chough, used as a charge.
- United States electrical engineer who devised the Dolby system used to reduce background noise in tape recording
- (v. i.) To waver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything; to hesitate in belief; to be undecided as to the truth of the negative or the affirmative proposition; to b e undetermined.
- (v. i.) To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive.
- (v. i.) A fluctuation of mind arising from defect of knowledge or evidence; uncertainty of judgment or mind; unsettled state of opinion concerning the reality of an event, or the truth of an assertion, etc.; hesitation.
- (v. i.) Uncertainty of condition.
- (v. i.) Suspicion; fear; apprehension; dread.
- (v. i.) Difficulty expressed or urged for solution; point unsettled; objection.
- (v. t.) To question or hold questionable; to withhold assent to; to hesitate to believe, or to be inclined not to believe; to withhold confidence from; to distrust; as, I have heard the story, but I doubt the truth of it.
- (v. t.) To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive of.
- (v. t.) To fill with fear; to affright.
- (adv. & prep.) Near; hard by; along; past.
- (n.) See Gumbo.
- Notable English cricketer (1882-1963)
- (n.) A small, strong-winged European falcon (Falco subbuteo), formerly trained for hawking.
- (n.) Alt. of Hobbyhorse
- (n.) A passage or hall of communication, especially when large enough to serve also as a waiting room. It differs from an antechamber in that a lobby communicates between several rooms, an antechamber to one only; but this distinction is not carefully preserved.
- (n.) That part of a hall of legislation not appropriated to the official use of the assembly; hence, the persons, collectively, who frequent such a place to transact business with the legislators; any persons, not members of a legislative body, who strive to influence its proceedings by personal agency.
- (n.) An apartment or passageway in the fore part of an old-fashioned cabin under the quarter-deck.
- (n.) A confined place for cattle, formed by hedges. trees, or other fencing, near the farmyard.
- (v. i.) To address or solicit members of a legislative body in the lobby or elsewhere, with the purpose to influence their votes.
- (v. t.) To urge the adoption or passage of by soliciting members of a legislative body; as, to lobby a bill.
- (n.) An awkward, clumsy fellow; a lubber.
- (a.) Stylish; modish; elegant; showy; aristocratic; fashionable.
LOAD MORE RESULTS