- (v. i.) To sin; esp., to be incontinent.
- (v. t.) To give in trust; to put into charge or keeping; to intrust; to consign; -- used with to, unto.
- (v. t.) To put in charge of a jailor; to imprison.
- (v. t.) To do; to perpetrate, as a crime, sin, or fault.
- (v. t.) To join for a contest; to match; -- followed by with.
- (v. t.) To pledge or bind; to compromise, expose, or endanger by some decisive act or preliminary step; -- often used reflexively; as, to commit one's self to a certain course.
- (v. t.) To confound.