Click or tap here to find out how this works

Stuck on a crossword puzzle answer?

Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.

New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.

e.g. n??co?poop  /  supersonic

Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!

Crossword Solver Answers for: ?OUNCE


(adv.) With a sudden leap; suddenly.
(n.) A sudden leap or bound; a rebound.
(n.) A heavy, sudden, and often noisy, blow or thump.
(n.) An explosion, or the noise of one.
(n.) Bluster; brag; untruthful boasting; audacious exaggeration; an impudent lie; a bouncer.
(n.) A dogfish of Europe (Scyllium catulus).
(v. i.) To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; a knock loudly.
(v. i.) To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound; as, she bounced into the room.
(v. i.) To boast; to talk big; to bluster.
(v. t.) To drive against anything suddenly and violently; to bump; to thump.
(v. t.) To cause to bound or rebound; sometimes, to toss.
(v. t.) To eject violently, as from a room; to discharge unceremoniously, as from employment.
(v. t.) To bully; to scold.


(n.) A jolt; a shake; a hard trot.
(v. t. & i.) To jolt; to shake, especially by rough riding or by driving over obstructions.


(n.) A fine powder, as of sandarac, or cuttlefish bone, -- formerly used to prevent ink from spreading on manuscript.
(n.) Charcoal dust, or some other colored powder for making patterns through perforated designs, -- used by embroiderers, lace makers, etc.
(v. i.) To fall suddenly and seize with the claws; -- with on or upon; as, a hawk pounces upon a chicken. Also used figuratively.
(v. t.) To sprinkle or rub with pounce; as, to pounce paper, or a pattern.
(v. t.) The claw or talon of a bird of prey.
(v. t.) A punch or stamp.
(v. t.) Cloth worked in eyelet holes.
(v. t.) To strike or seize with the talons; to pierce, as with the talons.
(v. t.) To punch; to perforate; to stamp holes in, or dots on, by way of ornament.


(n.) The handle by which the bed of a hand press, holding the form of type, etc., is run in under the platen and out again; -- sometimes applied to the whole apparatus by which the form is moved under the platen.