- (n.) Politeness; civility; urbanity; courtliness.
- (n.) An act of civility or respect; an act of kindness or favor performed with politeness.
- (n.) Favor or indulgence, as distinguished from right; as, a title given one by courtesy.
- (n.) An act of civility, respect, or reverence, made by women, consisting of a slight depression or dropping of the body, with bending of the knees.
- (v. i.) To make a respectful salutation or movement of respect; esp. (with reference to women), to bow the body slightly, with bending of the knes.
- (v. t.) To treat with civility.