Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: ?P?R??
- A short synopsis
- (n.) The wild Guinea pig of Brazil (Cavia aperea).
- (n.) A figure in which the speaker professes to be at a loss what course to pursue, where to begin to end, what to say, etc.
- (n.) In ancient Greece, the governor or perfect of a province; in modern Greece, the ruler of an eparchy.
- An ancient area on the Ionian Sea that flourished as a kingdom in the 3rd century BC; located in northwestern Greece and southern Albania
- A building where musical dramas are performed
- A commercial browser
- A drama set to music; consists of singing with orchestral accompaniment and an orchestral overture and interludes
- A segment of DNA containing adjacent genes including structural genes and an operator gene and a regulatory gene
- Port city in northwest Portugal; noted for port wine
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spare
- (n.) One who spares.
- A score in tenpins; knocking down all ten after rolling two balls
- An extra car wheel and tire for a four-wheel vehicle
- An extra component of a machine or other apparatus
- Use frugally or carefully
- Give up what is not strictly needed; "he asked if they could spare one of their horses to speed his journey"
- Refrain from harming
- Save or relieve from an experience or action; "I'll spare you from having to apologize formally"
- (v. t.) To sprinkle; to moisten by sprinkling; as, to sparge paper.
- Spiny-finned food fishes of warm waters having well-developed teeth
- Put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- Emit or produce sparks; "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"
- Merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance; "he had a sparkle in his eye"; "there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes"
- A momentary flash of light
- A small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
- Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
- Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
- A small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger; "a spark of interest"; "a spark of decency"
- (a.) Resembling spar, or consisting of spar; abounding with spar; having a confused crystalline structure; spathose.
- (superl.) Thinly scattered; set or planted here and there; not being dense or close together; as, a sparse population.
- (superl.) Placed irregularly and distantly; scattered; -- applied to branches, leaves, peduncles, and the like.
- (v. t.) To scatter; to disperse.
- An ancient Greek city famous for military prowess; the dominant city of the Peloponnesus prior to the 4th century BC
- (n.) An Anglo-Saxon battle-ax, or halberd.
- (n.) The hedge sparrow.
- (n.) A charge of wash for the still.
- The male reproductive cell; the male gamete; "a sperm is mostly a nucleus surrounded by little other cellular material"
- (v. t.) To shut in; to support; to inclose; to fasten.
LOAD MORE RESULTS