Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ?R??S
- Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses
- (pl.) of Area
- (n.) A genus of venomous ticks which attack men and animals. The famous Persian Argas, also called Miana bug, is A. Persicus; that of Central America, called talaje by the natives, is A. Talaje.
- An ancient city in southeastern Greece; dominated the Peloponnese in the 7th century BC
- (n.) A fabulous being of antiquity, said to have had a hundred eyes, who has placed by Juno to guard Io. His eyes were transplanted to the peacock's tail.
- (n.) One very vigilant; a guardian always watchful.
- (n.) A genus of East Indian pheasants. The common species (A. giganteus) is remarkable for the great length and beauty of the wing and tail feathers of the male. The species A. Grayi inhabits Borneo.
- Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland
- (n.) The Ram; the first of the twelve signs in the zodiac, which the sun enters at the vernal equinox, about the 21st of March.
- (n.) A constellation west of Taurus, drawn on the celestial globe in the figure of a ram.
- (n.) A battering-ram.
- Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed
- Type genus of the Ariidae: sea catfishes
- A Greek who was a Christian theologian active in Alexandria and who was declared a heretic for his doctrines about God (which came to be known as Arianism) (256?-336)
- (n. pl.) An earnest; earnest money; money paid to bind a bargain.
- (n.) Tapestry; a rich figured fabric; especially, a screen or hangings of heavy cloth with interwoven figures.
- (v. t.) To furnish with an arras.
- (n.) The sharp edge or salient angle formed by two surfaces meeting each other, whether plane or curved; -- applied particularly to the edges in moldings, and to the raised edges which separate the flutings in a Doric column.
- Vulgar slang for anus
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- (n.) That part of a foot where the ictus is put, or which is distinguished from the rest (known as the thesis) of the foot by a greater stress of voice.
- (n.) That elevation of voice now called metrical accentuation, or the rhythmic accent.
- (n.) The elevation of the hand, or that part of the bar at which it is raised, in beating time; the weak or unaccented part of the bar; -- opposed to thesis.
- Any plant of the family Araceae; have small flowers massed on a spadix surrounded by a large spathe
- Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root
- A small nail
- Fasten with brads
- A slope or hillside
- An instance of boastful talk; "his brag is worse than his fight"; "whenever he won we were exposed to his gasconade"
- Show off
- (n.) An alloy (usually yellow) of copper and zinc, in variable proportion, but often containing two parts of copper to one part of zinc. It sometimes contains tin, and rarely other metals.
- (n.) A journal bearing, so called because frequently made of brass. A brass is often lined with a softer metal, when the latter is generally called a white metal lining. See Axle box, Journal Box, and Bearing.
- (n.) Coin made of copper, brass, or bronze.
- (n.) Impudence; a brazen face.
- (n.) Utensils, ornaments, or other articles of brass.
- (n.) A brass plate engraved with a figure or device. Specifically, one used as a memorial to the dead, and generally having the portrait, coat of arms, etc.
- (n.) Lumps of pyrites or sulphuret of iron, the color of which is near to that of brass.
- A small pork sausage
- A very troublesome child
- The cry of an ass
- Laugh loudly and harshly
- Reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
- Braying characteristic of donkeys
- Drink made by steeping and boiling and fermenting rather than distilling
- Sit or let sit in boiling water so as to extract the flavor; "the tea is brewing"
- Prepare by brewing; "people have been brewing beer for thousands of years"
LOAD MORE RESULTS