- (n.) An outline, or contour; as, the profile of an apple.
- (n.) A human head represented sidewise, or in a side view; the side face or half face.
- (n.) A section of any member, made at right angles with its main lines, showing the exact shape of moldings and the like.
- (n.) A drawing exhibiting a vertical section of the ground along a surveyed line, or graded work, as of a railway, showing elevations, depressions, grades, etc.
- (n.) to draw the outline of; to draw in profile, as an architectural member.
- (n.) To shape the outline of an object by passing a cutter around it.