Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: ?R?T?R
- (n.) The basinlike opening or mouth of a volcano, through which the chief eruption comes; similarly, the mouth of a geyser, about which a cone of silica is often built up.
- (n.) The pit left by the explosion of a mine.
- (n.) A constellation of the southen hemisphere; -- called also the Cup.
- (n.) One who creates, produces, or constitutes. Specifically, the Supreme Being.
- (n.) A monk; also, a frater house.
- (a.) One who, or that which, grates; especially, an instrument or utensil with a rough, indented surface, for rubbing off small particles of any substance; as a grater for nutmegs.
- (n.) A public speaker; one who delivers an oration; especially, one distinguished for his skill and power as a public speaker; one who is eloquent.
- (n.) In equity proceedings, one who prays for relief; a petitioner.
- (n.) A plaintiff, or complainant, in a bill in chancery.
- (n.) An officer who is the voice of the university upon all public occasions, who writes, reads, and records all letters of a public nature, presents, with an appropriate address, those persons on whom honorary degrees are to be conferred, and performs other like duties; -- called also public orator.
- (n.) One who prates.
- (n.) A civil officer or magistrate among the ancient Romans.
- (n.) Hence, a mayor or magistrate.
- More trite
- More commonplace
- (n.) The duct which conveys the urine from the kidney to the bladder or cloaca. There are two ureters, one for each kidney.
- (n.) One who writes, or has written; a scribe; a clerk.
- (n.) One who is engaged in literary composition as a profession; an author; as, a writer of novels.
- (n.) A clerk of a certain rank in the service of the late East India Company, who, after serving a certain number of years, became a factor.